Have your wine and wear it, too
Wine-colored hues are in full force this season, and it’s not just burgundy that has become a fan favorite. Shades of white and blush pinks are showing no signs of slowing down for cooler temps. Softer shades are not just for spring and summer anymore. These grown-up colors are perfect companions to pair with your winter wardrobes and can be very versatile for creating multiple looks.
The old fashion rule of “no white after Labor Day” has been put to rest. Keep your white jeans out for winter and wear them proudly. To help ease the summer feel of white jeans, tone down the brightness with darker colors such as gray, camel and burgundy. If you are really daring, put your winter whites together, like this J Crew Turtleneck sweater that is the perfect basic to add to your sweater collection.
1. Turtleneck sweater in vintage ivory from J Crew. $98.
2. White Jeans – Find your perfect pair at Boutique Bella in West End Nashville
If burgundy shades are dominating your closet from last season, try branching out in an outwear piece like this suede moto jacket, or add a fun colored bootie for that extra pop of color in your outfit.
1. “Austin” bootie in burgundy suede by Steve Madden. $100 (available at Nordstrom)
2. Suede Moto Jacket in burgundy by BlankNYC. $188 (available at Nordstrom)
3. V-neck swing sweater in hthr burgundy by J Crew. $59.50
Blush or Rose` is a soft pink that can be tricky against winter complexions. If you are worried about looking washed out, try out a bold earring like the Kendra Scott Danielle earring or a convertible cross body clutch like this affordable faux leather bag from Sole Society.
1. Stripe peplum in rugby blush/burgundy stripe by Banana Republic. $68.00
2. “Gamble” grommet faux leather flap clutch in blush by Sole Society $55.00 (also comes in wine) avail at Nordstrom or sole Society.com
3. “Danielle” large oval statement earring in Rose Quartz/Gold from Kendra Scott $65.00 avail at KendraScott.com