Cool Looks for Hot Summer Activities
Staying stylish can get tricky when trying to beat the summer heat, but it’s not impossible. There are so many options available for keeping cool and pulled together for all that our charming town has to offer.
The best parts of summer are the lazy days spent poolside with family and friends. Whether your backyard is your oasis or you frequent the local community pool, there are so many cute options for lounging stylishly or looking chic while chasing your toddler.
- Scalloped halter one-piece—J. Crew, $118 (also in available in a bikini)
- Chambray cover-up—J. Crew, $69.50
- Striped beach tote—Steve Madden, $78
- Straw hat—Bates Boutique, $28
- Aviator sunglasses—Sunglass Hut, $195
- Cherry pool float—Target, $27
- Sunscreen—Walgreens, $12
Living on the lake is one of my favorite parts of life in Hendersonville. If you don’t own a boat, chances are you have a friend that does. And if you don’t want to commit to being a boat owner, you can have the perks of being one without all the hassles. Call Nashville Boat Club at 615.232.9100 for pricing and information on becoming a member.
With Sam’s Sports Grill on the Lake, it’s a perfect break from the sun. Grab a comfy knit dress to throw on over your suit for an effortless summer look.
- Wrap dress—Gap, $56
- Black one piece—J. Crew, $98
- Leopard flip-flops—Old Navy, $5
- Stripe ball earrings—Charming Charlie’s, $12
- Straw blush/black bag—Sole Society, $54, available at Nordstrom
- Blush sunglasses—Ray-Ban, $165, available at Sunglass Hut
- Tumbler—Yeti, $30, available at Binks Outfitters
Summer Concert Series
Every Thursday evening through August 24, The Streets of Indian Lake offers an outdoor summer concert with family friendly music. Grab a bite, a blanket and a casual outfit for a relaxing evening out.
- Olive drapey tank—J. Crew, $49.50
- Striped shorts—ASTR label, $78, available at Nordstrom
- Gladiator sandals—Old Navy, $18
- Fringe necklace—Charming Charlie, $15
- Red crossbody—Charming Charlie, $22
- Floral blanket—Target, $20