Healthy and Creative Child-Friendly Lunches
Gina Fontana is a certified health coach and food blogger. She uses plant-based and gluten-free food in her recipes. You can find the recipes for the following healthy, child-friendly lunches at HealthyLittleVittles.com and on her Instagram page, @HealthyLittleVittles.
Lunch Option One:
- Rice Cake + Peanut Butter + Banana + Granola: This is a fun way to add some protein, potassium and whole grains to your child’s lunch! Pack as a snack or with other healthy sides.
- Rice Cake + Smashed Avocado + Cherry Tomatoes + Basil + Vegan Parmesan “Cheese”: This is a great option for a vegan child or a child with a dairy allergy. The parmesan “cheese” is easy to make and very tasty.
- Rice Cake + Hazelnut Butter + Kiwi + Strawberry: This delicious, fruity rice cake could be packed as a breakfast snack or as a healthy, creative lunch option. This gives kids a great start to their daily fruit intake.
- Rice Cake + Hummus + Cucumber + Carrots + Yellow Pepper + Broccoli + Spinach: Another healthy dose of veggies, this option would give kids a good source of essential vitamins.
- Homemade Lemony Hummus: Chickpeas are high in fiber, protein, iron, folate, phosphorus and B vitamins. It tastes so good that kids won’t even know how healthy it is!
Lunch Option Two:
- Avocado Tuna Salad Sandwich: This is a meal filled with whole-grains, monounsaturated fat and omega-3. A healthy and filling lunchtime sandwich.
- Cashew + Sesame + Cranberry Clusters: A healthy protein and antioxidant-rich snack or lunch side.
- Chocolate Chia Pudding Parfait: A healthy alternative to a delicious chocolate dessert. Can easily be packed in a Tupperware container for easy lunch box packing.
All recipes provided by Gina Fontana.