Savory Goodness with a Local Flair
Regina Gammon loves to cook, particularly when her favorite produce and ingredients are fresh and in season. As the owner of Hendersonville Produce, Regina understands the difference that locally grown fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices can make in the taste of her culinary creations. She also loves the flavor that meat raised and prepared at nearby farms brings to her dishes.
One of her favorite creations is Regina’s Sausage Hash, a tasty yet easy-to-prepare meal that is a family favorite. While there are a lot of varieties of hash recipes, few are made from fresh, locally grown ingredients, which are used to create Regina’s special entree. Using fresh, locally made pork sausage mixed with sweet potatoes and savory seasonings, Regina’s Sausage Hash is sure to please.
Regina’s Sausage Hash
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Grate sweet potatoes with a cheese grater.
2. Brown the fresh pork sausage in a large pan. Drain the sausage grease after cooking.
3. Add the coconut oil and yams. Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft.
4. Add the cinnamon, mix well and serve.
Note: For a variation, turkey sausage may be substituted for the pork sausage.
“These ingredients make the best hash, perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner! It is sure to satisfy even the biggest appetite.”