Five Things You Can Do to Help Out in Hendersonville
Thanksgiving is all about gratitude. There is no better time of year than the holiday season for us to set aside time to pause and reflect upon our blessings.
However, Thanksgiving is also a good time to acknowledge neighbors in our community who are less fortunate. Although the Hendersonville area is a wonderful place to live, there still people and organizations in need.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we would like to offer five suggestions for ways give back to your community this holiday season.
1. Donate: Goodwill. Goodwill accepts new and gently used clothing, furniture, housewares, electronics and media. Goodwill accepts donations via drop-offs or by home pickup. 327 W. Main St., Hendersonville, 615.822.1056
2. Volunteer/Donate: Hendersonville Samaritan Center. The Hendersonville Samaritan Center accepts donations of food, clothing, housewares and cash. Volunteer opportunities include food bank shelf-stocking, food drive sorting and thrift store assistance. 116 Dunn St., Hendersonville, 615.824.7105
3. Volunteer/Donate: Sumner Spay Neuter Alliance. The Sumner Spay Neuter Alliance accepts cash donations. Volunteer opportunities include clinical assistance, fundraising, special events work and providing community outreach. 720 Blythe Ave., Gallatin, 615.452.2233
4. Volunteer: Literary Council of Middle Tennessee. The Literary Council of Middle Tennessee offers numerous volunteer opportunities, including tutoring, fundraising, office/administrative work, technical support and graphic design. 108 Nokes Drive, Hendersonville, 615.822.8112
5. Donate: Habitat for Humanity ReStore. ReStore accepts new and lightly used furniture, housewares, building supplies and appliances. ReStore accepts donations via drop-offs or by home pickup. 327 Sumner Hall Drive, Gallatin, 615.452.9606