Wellness and Taste Go Hand in Hand
It’s that time of year again. You successfully made it through countless holiday parties, family dinners and New Year’s Eve celebrations.
However, there is a downside. You notice that your clothes are fitting a bit more snuggly than before, and you no longer want to step on your bathroom scale.
Immediately, you resolve to lose weight in the new year, just as you have done so many times before. Only this time, there is a difference. You want to get off the overeating and dieting rollercoaster and make a permanent change in your diet and eating habits.
Fortunately, there are a number of options available in Hendersonville to help you achieve your goals. One of the most popular weight management and healthy lifestyle choices is Profile by Sanford.
At Profile by Sanford, all clients receive personalized nutrition, activity and lifestyle programs designed to help them achieve their individual wellness goals. Individual members are also paired with coaches who support, encourage and motivate them along their journey to a healthier life.
In order to help you start down the road toward weight loss and healthier living, Certified Profile Coach Eli Steele has provided us with three popular recipes offered at Profile by Sanford.
211 Indian Lake Blvd., Suite B, Hendersonville, 615.492.3462, ProfilePlan.com
Sweet Potato Casserole
Goal: Strengthen Your Immune System During Cold and Flu Season
4-6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
2. Boil sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan for 5 minutes. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes until fork-tender. Drain.
3. Mash sweet potatoes with a blender in a large bowl.
4. Add yogurt, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and salt. Mash the mixture again.
5. Add egg whites to the mixture and blend. Pour mixture into casserole dish.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Top evenly with pecans and marshmallows and bake for 10-15 additional minutes.
Goal: Improve Your Energy Levels
1 10-12-pound fresh turkey, neck and giblets removed
1 medium onion, sliced into quarters
2 celery stalks, sliced into 2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. If using a frozen turkey, thaw in refrigerator first for 24 hours. Remove neck, giblets and tail portion and discard.
2. Preheat oven to 325 F.
3. Rinse the turkey with cold water and place it breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Note: If using a roasting bag, place a small amount of flour in the bag and shake it before adding the turkey.
4. Combine onions, celery and seasonings and rub all over the turkey while in roasting bag or roasting pan.
5. Roast turkey for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
Profile Pumpkin Pie Pudding
Goal: Lose Weight with a Healthy Dessert
1 packet Profile Vanilla Shake mix
1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon white chocolate sugar-free pudding mix
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
6 ounces cold water
Fat-free whipped topping, to taste
1 pinch cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients except whipped topping in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
2. Let chill for 5 minutes.
3. Top with whipped topping and a dash of cinnamon.