A Hendersonville Old-Fashioned Cocktail
Hendersonville has long been known for many things, including its parks and its proximity to Old Hickory Lake. It is also famous for being the home of many famous country music legends, including the late Johnny and June Carter Cash.
However, despite all its fame, the Hendersonville has never had a drink named for it.
That is, until now.
Inspired by the famous Cash albums Ring of Fire and Orange Blossom Special, we created a new drink to help usher in fall. With the assistance of talented mixologists from Pour Vous! and Safari’s Grill, we are proud to announce the “Orange Blossom Ring of Fire Special.”
1 ounce Belle Meade Sour Mash Bourbon
Angostura Orange Bitters
1 ounce orange blossom water
2 ounces orange juice
1. Place the sugar cube in an “old-fashioned” glass.
2. Saturate the sugar cube with Angostura Orange Bitters and add orange blossom water, an orange slice (rind removed) and a couple of cherries.
3. Muddle until dissolved.
4. Fill the glass with ice cubes and add bourbon.
5. Add orange juice and a splash of grenadine.
6. Garnish with orange slices and cherries.
If you choose to make your own drinks, Pour Vous! can supply all of the ingredients. However, if you prefer to have your drink made to order, stop in to Safari’s.
263 Indian Lake Blvd., Hendersonville
Safari’s Brick Oven and Grille
230 E. Main St., Hendersonville